Re: transmissions

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: transmissions
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:11:41 -0700
> TeriAnn, are you sure about the TR6 gearbox being longer than the TR4 ?

The one installation I saw required a flange to be flattened out and new
holes.  I saw it before things were buttoned up.  I did not actually try
it myself but I assume that Greg Solow at The Engine Room knows what he
is doing.

> Anyway, the case of the gearbox in my TR3A originally came from a TR6 and I
> just elongated the holes in the rear cross member to make it fit (along with
> all the other mentioned modifications).  I didn't have to unroll the edge of
> the crossmember.

I guess you are just a better mechanic than Greg. I don't claim to know
near as much as either of you, but I can document what I see and what
Greg told me.

TeriAnn

===     http://www.vtr.org