Re: Wheel Paint for 76 TR6b Steel Wheels

To: fred thomas <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: Wheel Paint for 76 TR6b Steel Wheels
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:31:51 -0700 (PDT)
Good point about the clear coat choices.  But there is still the cost factor.
I was quoted $85 per wheel for powder coating and clear coat (two stage
process).   This price does not include the cost of sending them out for bead
blasting.  Not sure what that would cost.   I don't have a media blaster or PC
equipment of my own so I have to hire it out.   I haven't gotten a second quote
on the price to verify that it is reasonable.

Greg H.
Denton, TX

fred thomas <frede.thomas2@verizon.net> wrote:
"YES" silver powder-coat on wheels must be clear coated or they will
eventually "chalk" up, ==now== clear comes in about 10 different degrees of
brightness, from 100% flat to 120% high gloss and all the rest in the
middle, take your pick, they do match the original color perfectly. "FT"

===     http://www.vtr.org