RE: Wheel Paint for 76 TR6b Steel Wheels

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wheel Paint for 76 TR6b Steel Wheels
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:47:02 -0700
> powder coating in the house or in an oven you cook food in that you plan to
> actually eat is an incredibly bad idea - don't do it !

Care to explain why, Jack ?  The tray in my microwave oven was powder coated by
the factory, and it hasn't poisoned me yet.  If the fumes somehow penetrate the
surface of the oven and make it poisonous, wouldn't they do the same thing to
the powder coated parts ?

I've not started doing my own PC yet, but I've cured high-temp paint in the
kitchen oven many times.  Run it through a self-cleaning cycle (30 min @ 700F)
and there's no odor whatsoever.  Besides, I don't eat food that has come in
contact with the oven.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org