Re: Heater Control Valve Failure?

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater Control Valve Failure?
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:28:14 -0400
Bob,

  If you want to get an idea of what the valve looks like apart then
take a look at the web site below. I have posted pics of it apart. It
is easy to take apart. Drill out the rivet, and twist. It would be
interesting to find out why the valve only works while full on. Mine
didn't leak only while it was fully closed. Have you checked under the
hood to see if the valve is completely closed when the knob is pushed
in on the dash? It should stop leaking once it is full closed and
seated. I ordered a new valve then took my old one apart so that I see
what was going on but also have the ability to replace the valve if I
found something I couldn't repair, or if I screwed something up while
taking it apart. I just didn't want the car to be out of commission
while I was waiting for parts.

Aaron

 Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)