Re: Heater Control Valve Failure?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater Control Valve Failure?
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:02:32 -0500
We replaced the one on my wife's TR250 and I a have purchased one for my
GT6.  They are both much much harder to turn than the old ones.  I don't
think it is just due to use.

I have adjusted the cable and valve on the TR250 so that the cable
doesn't have extend any farther than necessary past the clamp that holds
it in place.  I still can't turn the valve off with the control.

I haven't installed the one on the GT6 yet, but it is obviously much
harder to turn off.  It is hard to get clear in the off position by
hand.

Has anyone else noticed the same problems?  If so have you found a
solution?  I am thinking of taking the insides of the new one and
putting them in the old housing for the GT6.  I can't do that for the
TR250 as the old one is long gone.

Thanks,

Roger Elliott

===     http://www.vtr.org