Re: Going retro with cassette tapes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Going retro with cassette tapes
From: mrv8q@netscape.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:12:09 -0500
    > For those listers who want to buck the trend of putting MP3
players in
> their cars, here is a useful device that lets you can take your MP3
and
> ipod music and send it to a cassette tape for playing in your car's
> existing deck.

Of course you could also do as I did, just buy a (used) audiophile
cassette deck
for cheap, and hook it to your PC's sound card.  I use it mostly for
ripping
(recording to MP3) old cassettes, but I have gone the other way with it.

Another idea, which I used in the early 80's, when there was a whole
industry in stealing car radios from BMW's, was to keep the amp and
speakers in the car, leave the gaping hole where the radio was, and use
a real good AM/FM Walkman as a head end unit. It sounded great! For the
FM antenna, I ran an aligator clip from the car's FM antenna to the
external antenna on the radio; I was very happy with that for the 4
years I had that car. If I ever decide to get tunes for my TR3, I'm
going that route, except w/ a CD/MP3 player with FM presets, or an iPod.

Best, Kevin Browne '59TR3A #58370
Look What The New Netscape.com Can Do!
Now you can preview dozens of stories and have the ones you select
delivered to you without ever leaving the Top Home Page. And the new
Tool Box gives you one click access to local Movie times, Maps, White
Pages and more.  See for yourself at
http://netcenter.netscape.com/netcenter/

===     http://www.vtr.org