TR3A flywheel,TR4A Gearbox- What clutch?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A flywheel,TR4A Gearbox- What clutch?
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:30:57 -0600
Hi list.
I'm putting a good used TR3A motor in my TR3A. It has the sweat on type ring
gear and bullit nose aka "bomb" type starter.

It came with a (I believe) TR4A gear box CT50815.

Although It has a clutch I thought I ought to put a new one in, since it may
be 5 plus years till I rebuild my original motor and take this out again.

Do I buy a TR2-4 (Moss #593-050) clutch kit, or a TR4A (Moss #593-030)
clutch kit?

What would be different anyway?

Thanks,
Curt Fisher (hopeing to be roadstering in summer 2006, with your help!)

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ <http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/>
Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.

"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.

"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"

===     http://www.vtr.org