RE: TR3A flywheel,TR4A Gearbox- What clutch?

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A flywheel,TR4A Gearbox- What clutch?
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 08:41:01 -0800
You must be very lucky Randall or do a lot of highway driving. In 300,000 miles
on the TR-6. I can not remember how many times I had to yank a tranny because
of a failed T/O bearing. There were times during the 30 years when the car was
used for heavy city driving when the clutch was used far in excess of what is
normal for one of these beasties. The T/O B was almost always the first thing
to go in my experience. Of course others' results will vary.

Deano