RE: TR3A flywheel,TR4A Gearbox- What clutch?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A flywheel,TR4A Gearbox- What clutch?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:43:22 -0800
> I  don't consider  $300 as  "big bux" to  free yourself from all the
> problems with  the  mechanical  throw-out bearing,

Which I've replaced exactly one of in some 300,000 miles of TR ownership.  Not
exactly a "troublesome" part by my definition, since it outlasts the clutch
plate.  (Yes, I have changed a clutch plate without changing the TOB.)

If it suits you, Bill, that's fine with me.  But the way I see it, Herman is
solving a problem that doesn't exist.  Racers like taking their cars apart every
season ... I don't.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org