Re: [TR] Tr3A Upper wishbone bushing replacement question

To: <Dave1massey@cs.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tr3A Upper wishbone bushing replacement question
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 08:45:01 -0800
Thanks Dave.
Hmmm- I now have 3 options, either none of them are welded, 2 are welded, or
all of them are welded. I guess this reflects the variances in these cars.

I guess I really have little choice, I will try one more time to get the arm
off with the fulcrum pin in place. If that fails I will remove the arm and
hope for the best.  Worst case, I will have to remove the spring.
Bob

  At least on my car (57) the outboard bolts thread into welded inserts so no
worries there, mate.  The inboard ones, which are not directly behind (above)
the springs have nuts.  In theory one could access these nuts using a socket
wrench and an extension but since my springs are out I can't confirm that.

  The TR6 has four threaded inserts welded on the shock towers and this isn't
an issue.  When they made that change is something I don't know but I wouldn't
be surprised if it coincided with the TR4A .

  Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org