[TR] Tr3A Upper wishbone bushing replacement question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Tr3A Upper wishbone bushing replacement question
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:20:24 -0800
Hi all,
I've run into a slight problem in the midst of replacing ball joints and the
upper widhbone bushings. The nut holding the rear wishbone arm is being very
stubborn, this I can overcome, but it appears as though even when I get it
off, there is not enough clearance to remove the arm because of the
proximity of the inner fender. So, I thought it would be simple enougn to
remove the "inner upper fulcrum pin" and deal with the whole thing off the
car - the question is, are there nuts under the bolts that hold this pin on
that will fall somewhere into the spring never to be replaced again? or are
they captured nuts or some other mechanism that will stay in place while I
go about changing the bushings???
Thanks for any quick responses,
Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org