Re: [TR] Fall in to the GAP

To: richhalpern@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fall in to the GAP
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:01:34 EST
In a message dated 3/20/2006 12:48:57 PM Central Standard Time,
richhalpern@comcast.net writes:
> Last weekend I adjusted the gap on my valves on the TR4. Got it all
> done...new gasket, etc. I still have a slight tap. Is this a native sound for
>the
> TRactor motor to have a slight tap, or can I probably get a finer adjustment,
> maybe with a shield around the rockers and the engine running.. (rodeo style)?

You're best bet is an alloy valve cover.  Rocker noise is not uncommon in
these motors but don't try to minimize it by reducing the clearance.  But
follow
the book procedure as closely as you can (i.e., set cold or hot as prescribed,
etc.).

Eventually you will get used to the noise.  You can't hear it under way
anyway.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org