Re: [TR] Fall in to the GAP

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, richhalpern@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: [TR] Fall in to the GAP
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:18:38 EST
In a message dated 3/20/2006 1:18:05 PM Central Standard Time,
TR250Driver@aol.com writes:
> Hey Dave,
> The 3B motor likes to sing and is kind of annoying whilst the Four motor is
> relatively quiet in comparison.  Major difference is the Four is stock but
> the head on the 3B has been milled real skinny and the rocker pedestals have
> been shimmed up with aluminum shims while using the stock push rods. Never
> liked that and I am assuming that may be the source of the 3B's Rocker
>noise????
> A tuff fix too!

My TR3 makes quite a clatter but it is quite composed at idle.  I'm thinking
the DPO who "overhauled" it used the old chain so I am going to install a new
chain and tensioner in the hopes that that fixes it.  But I won't know for
another year or so.

You could try an alloy rocker cover but that would be 5 points off, at least.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org