RE: [TR] Fall in to the GAP

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Fall in to the GAP
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:07:35 -0800
> but the
> head on the 3B has been milled real skinny and the rocker
> pedestals have been
> shimmed up with aluminum shims while using the stock push rods.
> Never liked
> that and I am assuming that may be the source of the 3B's Rocker
> noise????  A
> tuff fix too!

Easy fix ... just buy the shortened pushrods from BFE and throw the shims in
the trash.

Others will no doubt disagree, but IMO there is never a good reason to
change the height of the rocker pedestals unless you've changed the location
of the valve seats, or used valves of a different length, or are running
radically more lift than stock (in which case the pedestals should be
shorter, not longer).  Shortening the pushrods is the right way to deal with
milling the head.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org