[TR] TR2 doorcaps pads

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR2 doorcaps pads
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:12:18 -0700
<<The diameter of the door cap filler strip currently sold by Moss is
much too large. I've notified my sales rep, and he confirmed that what
they are selling is of a much larger diameter than their original sample
piece. I doubt that they will quit shipping what's in stock though...You
can use ordinary 5/8" heater hose for a substantial savings>>

I just had to follow up on this because it took me by surprise.  Usually
our sales reps are almost too good about getting information on bad
parts to me.

First the response from my salesman:  I LOOKED AT AN OE PIECE IN MOSS
LOCKUP. WE DON'T SUPPLY THE COTTON BACKING. MOSS RUBBER PIECE IS THE
SAME SIZE AS THE OE PIECE
AND THE COTTON BACKING. MOSS 682-160 USED WITHOUT COTTON IS THE SAME
SIZE AS OE PIECE USED WITH
COTTON PIECE.  DOESN'T SOUND LIKE HE CONSTRUED THE INFO CORRECTLY.
I TOLD HIM WE HAVEN'T HAD PROBLEMS AND TO ME IT'S NOT A PROBLEM
Next stats:  We sell approx 300/year.  Of the last 1000 sold our return
rate is 1.9%. Only one of which was for wrong size - not sure if too
small or large.
5/8 inch heater hose is too small and too hard.
That's what I know.  You decide for yourselves.

Peter Arakelian
Purchasing Agent
Moss Motors, Ltd.
(805) 679-7214