RE: [TR] Transmission Tunnel Sealant

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Transmission Tunnel Sealant
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 14:31:45 -0700
> I've seen discussion on this, but it seems like years now.  What is the
> recommended product for sealing water from coming up from underneath through
> the transmission tunnel where it bolts to the floor and firewall?  Is it a
> ropy substance or brush on?

I've been using a silicone-based exterior grade caulk from Home Depot, that
comes in a tube and requires a caulking gun to apply.  Seems to work well, goes
on easy, seals well, and cleans up easy.  Think it was DAP brand, but I'm not
sure about that, or about which particular DAP caulk it was.

At least on the TR3's metal trans tunnel, it also comes off easily when you
remove the tunnel.  Probably wouldn't come off so easy on the "cardboard"
tunnels found on TR4-6.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org