Re: [TR] Exhaust popping...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Exhaust popping...
From: "Roger Helman" <rhelman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 06:54:04 -0600
You might check your carbs. They could be running rich. Mine were way to
rich. Because they were leaking air (need to be rebushed ) I had them set
way to rich to keep it from stalling at idle.

Car would backfire and detonate when I would shut it down.

It was all fixed when I switch to Webbers

You can do a simple pressure check to rule out leaky valves.

Roger

===     http://www.vtr.org