RE: [TR] Exhaust popping...

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Exhaust popping...
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:48:16 -0400
Cosmo,
Back in the day, my old Honda 160 (4-cycle) would pop like crazy on
deceleration when the exhaust pipes were loose. I think what was happening
was unburned fuel exiting the combustion chamber out the exhaust valve would
be exposed to fresh air sucking into the leak and re-ignite causing the
poping.
I solved that problem by buying a brand new Yamaha 305 scrambler! A 2-cycle
and no popping, MUCH FASTER!!! Not to mention more reliable.
Dave Connitt

===     http://www.vtr.org