RE: [TR] Exhaust popping...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Exhaust popping...
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:33:12 -0700
> Popping on decelleration may also indicate an exhaust
> leak.
> -Jack
> -----------------
> Hi List!
> I was told that is popping noise when 'deceleration'
> was caused by bad engine valves NOT seating correctly.

That's probably possible, but certainly not the most common reason.  I've
had several engines that would backfire during deceleration, and none of
them had bad valves.  Even adding a low-restriction exhaust system can lead
to backfiring during deceleration.

> Whic is what Jack has stated [I think?].

I'm not Jack, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about an exhaust/air leak,
like at the manifold flange, or a hole in the muffler.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org