Re: [TR] Exhaust popping...

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Exhaust popping...
From: "Jack Williams" <jackandangie@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:42:09 -0500
Yes, that's what I meant. My TR-6 has a lovely crackle on decelleration
which could be called  popping, but it sounds like that's common. I did have
a pretty loud pop at one time that was caused by a manifold gasket leak. I
assume that introducing fresh air into the exhaust stream gave the unburned
fuel an opportunity to burn. This has been a real problem on my motorcycles
too.

All responses have been valid reasons for a pop on decel, I"d just start
with the easiest one to check first and work down the line.

Jack