Re: [TR] oddly nearly overheating

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [TR] oddly nearly overheating
From: "Anthony Rhodes" <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:30:22 -0400
Thanks to everybody for their help.

Since I am on Digest, I did not see Randall's ideas yet.

To answer the various ideas posed.
1)  I just replaced the thermostat and got no improvement, so I do not think
it was ever a failed thermostat.

2) The stabilizer is new, and the gas gauge is reading correctly

3) I have a new temp sender and I will test it out.  No, the engine does not
seem any hotter than normal to "touch".  I have the radiator duct in place,
so I can't feel the entire surface of the radiator.  I have not checked the
temperature differential of the inlet and outlet.

4)  I had the radiator cap off initially and watched the coolant level and
for bubbles.  When the thermostat opened, I did not see any bubbles coming
into the radiator.  The radiator pressure seems normal, and I have not
noticed bubbles in the overflow.

I will tap some coolant off the block and look at it.  I will do the same
for the radiator tap.

I will get back with results.

-Tony