Re: [TR] oddly nearly overheating

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <ZoboHerald@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] oddly nearly overheating
From: "Anthony Rhodes" <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:24:32 -0400
Well, I think I am going to have to do something major.

I just switched out the sender, and the new one reads the same.  So, the
Thermostat and sender were not the problem.

So, I ran then engine more, until it was fully warmed up.  "Hotted up" might
be a better description

I then shut down the engine so I could feel the radiator without amputating my
hand, and I found that it was entirely COOL except for the very top!

I let it sit a  couple of minutes to heat up and convect, and it was still
COOL over its entire surface.

So, as far as I can tell, the radiator is not flowing much at all.

I think that even with CONVECTION, the radiator would heat up some, so it
seems like it is a significant plug.  I will have to drain the radiator soon,
as soon as I have time.

I will remove the lower radiator hose and let it run out and then rinse it
with a hose from the top and see what happens.  I will then run the engine
some and then let hot (not scalding) water pour out the block drain, and then
do it again.

Any thoughts on the merits of a "flush" agent.

-Tony