Re: [TR] oddly nearly overheating

To: spamiam@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, 60TR3A@cox.net
Subject: Re: [TR] oddly nearly overheating
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:12:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/2006 7:55:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
spamiam@comcast.net writes:

I looked  at the basin and saw the Day-Glo orange coolant looking reasonably
clean  and some black particulates at the bottom.  They are magnetic, so I
believe they are rust.

The fact that no coolant immediately ran  out.... does that mean that there
is too much mud at the bottom?   Maybe I needed to open the radiator cap too?

==AM==
Well, I was going to make my usual suggestion of draining the block,  PROBING
around (if you have a petcock on the drain hole, remove it completely)  until
you REALLY loosen all the crud that likely is there, and then see where  you
are. Been there, done that...many times, and it's always made a big
difference!

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org