RE: [TR] TR3 Timing Chain Rattle

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3 Timing Chain Rattle
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:44:07 -0400
Years ago I had a rattle in my TR4 from the timing chain area and
just let it go.  It was not too long before I started loosing a lot
of oil......the slapping chain wore a hole in the timing chain
cover!  Never stopped running but I did take the time to fix it
though after it started to  "bleed" to death! The tensioner  was toast!

Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org