Re: [TR] Gas Tank Mounting

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Gas Tank Mounting
From: Mike Lang <mlang@easystreet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:24:52 -0700
I have a pre 60K car and a post 60K car. The tank in the pre 60K car
just sits on the floor. The post 60K car has pedestals which are bent
out of thick strap iron. They are bolted to the floor and the tank sits
in a curved depression that is formed into them.

The bottom of the tank on the post 60K car is in much better shape than
the older car as the tank was supported up off of the moisture on the floor.

Mike

===     http://www.vtr.org