Re: [TR] Gas Tank Mounting

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Gas Tank Mounting
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 22:08:30 -0400
I'm beginning to sense the problem is that the tank itself is not original.
Looking at pictures in Moss, the tank looks like it's supposed to be boxy.
Mine has a tab-like seam that runs complete around the center of the tank
(like the picture of the TR4 tank), with holes drilled in it as if to mount
to some kind of wall.  Pictures in Moss don't have that center seam.
Weirdly, the holes for the filler neck on top and the outlet tube on the
bottom all line up.  The Sending Unit would mount in a hole in the front (or
the back, depending on how you mounted the tank.)  There is a six or so inch
deep and wide indendentation on the bottom as if it were meant to fit over a
bulge of some kind.

Rats.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire