Re: FW: [TR] bent vacuum unit?

To: dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: [TR] bent vacuum unit?
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:04:31 EDT
In a message dated 4/12/2006 7:59:42 AM Central Standard Time,
dorpaul@negia.net writes:
> I can't remember the answer to this.  If I suck (with my mouth) the tube
> leading to the distributor, will I be able to see a plate inside the
> distributor move?  Does the car need to be running?
>     When driving the car: what should I be looking for to suspect the vacuum
> unit is not operating properly?

Depends on how hard you suck!  <G>  Seriously, if you have ever tried to draw
a good hard stiff milkshake up a straw, this is about how hard you need suck
to see the plate move (which you can see move with the dist cap off).  If the
engine is running you will hear a change in idle speed.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org