RE: [TR] Followup question on car insurance.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [TR] Followup question on car insurance.
From: "Randy&Val DeRuiter" <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:23:05 -0500

>You're kidding, right ?

Actually no, I knew the question was naive but it was serious.  I think I
suffer from escalating car hobby disease.  Fifteen years ago I never worried
about collision insurance with my Triumph hobby, even for a very nice TR6 -
as it only cost me $2K.  Now I'm trying to think the same way, but it is
just not working - I'm okay if I make the mistake, but I will be very
unhappy and out a lot of money if someone else wipes my hobby out.  The
comment on uninsured motorists alone is enough incentive to fix things, here
in the Houston area it is probably the #1 collision concern.

I like the possibility of getting Haggarty as a supplemental policy as
Robert mentioned  - that would give me the peace of mind on the liability
side (umbrella and all), and less hassle on damage at a reasonable price.

Randy
65 TR4 livin' on the edge.

===     http://www.vtr.org