RE: [TR] Food for thought...E85

To: "Smith, Brian (CP)" <BrianSmith1@templeinland.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Food for thought...E85
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:00:15 -0700
> With all the talk about alternative fuels I was thinking (always a scary
> thing!), what would it take to run a LBC on E85.  With SU's I would think
> you would have to change the needles to something a lot richer.

Not necessarily.  The needle controls the relative change in mixture, while
ethanol needs to be much richer all the time.

At any rate, many many years ago, I experimented with running my TR3A on
"denatured" alcohol.  Ran just fine with the jets pulled down about 1/4"
from their usual position, although I didn't make any performance
comparison.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org