RE: [TR] why gas & exhaust on same side?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] why gas & exhaust on same side?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:43:48 -0700
> How could Triumph put the TR3A's gas line leaving the tank directly above
> the exhaust line?

The short answer is : They didn't.  The tank outlet was in the center, while the
exhaust was farther to the left.

>     This last idea would require someone to braze the exisiting drain (since
> it looks corroded and leak prone) and use the 'plugged' side of the tank for
> my rubber fuel line.  Any comments?

If I understand this right, you've altered and downgraded the original design
(metal tubing to rubber, using tank drain for outlet) and now you're criticizing
the results of your changes.  If you don't like your design, then by all means
change it ... but don't try to blame it on Triumph.

Besides, the tail pipe isn't all that hot that far back, and I've seen carbs
leaking fuel directly onto a red hot exhaust manifold.  Scared me silly but
never caught fire.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org