RE: [TR] Painting TR6 wheels / redlines

To: "scottpaisley" <scottpaisley@smartneighborhood.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Painting TR6 wheels / redlines
From: "Kirby Vaughan" <mrkirbyv@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:56:49 -0400
Scott,
Welcome to the world of Triumph.
If your '74 is like mine, over the next few weeks you will find more and
more little bits as you tidy up the current ones.
I used Argent Silver wheel paint from WalMArt a couple years ago as a quick
clean-up intending to go back last winter and redo them, but it has held up
really well and looks great. I also used it on the valve cover and it still
looks great also. All I did was wirebrush the wheels well, sprayed on rust
consolidator (also from WalMart), then 2 or 3 coats of Silver over top. I
believe that Argent Silver was a very close match to the original from what
I have heard from others.
I have Goodrich Comp T/A's on mine. Though I liked the look of the redlines,
it was a world of difference with radials. Diamondback in South Carolina has
some radial redlines available but are a bit pricey. My wife has Pirelli
P4000's on hers and it handles very nicely as well. There are a number of
recent threads regarding tires and sizes in the archives.

Send me a picture if you have one, I may see you on the road.

Kirby Vaughan
Purcellville, VA
'74 TR6 French Blue
'74 TR6 Spa White