RE: [TR] RE: Emailing: eBayISAPI

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil007@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] RE: Emailing: eBayISAPI
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 18:54:27 -0700
> You have stepped over the line Randall ... what you are saying is
> pure Bull Shit!!

Ok, Bill, I'll bite ... what exactly did I say that was BS ?

> I don't know what you have against Herman, perhaps it is he knows
> what he is talking about, as opposed to a seemingly  idiot like your
> self.

That's easy, I have nothing whatsoever against Herman !
I'm proud to belong to the same Triumph club as he does, and count him as a
friend.  I have nothing but respect and admiration for Herman, he's an
excellent machinist and a valuable asset to the Triumph community.

>  Before you spout off you should a least attempt to get your
> facts straight ... have you ever taken the opportunity to at least
> ask Herman?

Ask him what, exactly ?  That he does not manufacture the transmission
conversions ?  I not only have had several conversations with him on that
point, but I have also visited his shop, where there are no signs of
manufacturing operations.  No molds for any of the castings, and although he
has a very nice machine shop in his home, no signs that he is doing the
machining of those castings himself.  I've seen the castings ready for
machining, piled in the corner ready to ship out to the machine shop
(according to Herman) ... but I don't know if that is his normal flow or he
just pulled some for inspection.

Of course the conversion is his design.  For several years, every time I saw
Herman, he told me of what problem he was currently trying to address, or
the new supplier he found because the old parts weren't good enough.   I've
seen some of his mockups, and preliminary parts machined from billet or
welded together.  But that's a lot different than actually manufacturing it.

Herman retired as a professional machinist some time ago, and while he does
keep very busy, he doesn't want to keep making the same parts over and over
... which seems perfectly reasonable to me.  He definitely stays busy
overseeing the process though, helping with installations, answering
customers questions (with demonstrations), going to shows, and so on.

So, Bill, the ball is in your court.  Exactly what manufacturing operations
do you think Herman does himself, and why do you think that ?  Seen him in
goggles and leather, pouring the raw aluminum into molds ?  Didn't think so

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org