[TR] de-mister hose question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] de-mister hose question
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 00:12:07 -0400
I'm trying to re-fit those weirdly useless de-mister hoses in my TR6. The ones
that feed the eye-ball vents on the right-hand side in a LHD car. I had the
glove box out and now seem to be fairly confused about the setup.

What is with that setup anyway; is it only supposed to be for cool air, or is
it only my heater box that does not heat those pipes? It certainly used to
roast my feet splendidly in the winter when I was foolish enough to drive the
car in the salt and slush of the 80s. However, those dash vents have only ever
been cool.

Right now my poor car looks like a prop from the movie "Brazil".  Can someone
point me to some pictures of the correct setup?

Mark
1972 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org