RE: [TR] TR3B Compression Problem

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3B Compression Problem
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 09:42:49 -0400
Darrell,
I'd pull the valve cover first and check the valves.  Make sure nothing is
broken and that both on the #1 are moving.  If everything on the top looks
okay its time to pull the head.  I personally wouldn't drive the car very
far.  If it is a piston and/or ring, or even a broken valve you can do a lot
more damage to the liner if you continue to drive.  I had a similar problem
and found a broken piston.  I was lucky and was able to change the piston
and rings and had no damage to the liner.
Good luck
Pete