Re: [TR] TR3B Compression Problem

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3B Compression Problem
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 13:27:13 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/2006 8:40:15 AM Central Standard Time,
TR250Driver@aol.com writes:
> Well, Dave, as you know I have options so if she won't go I will just take
> a Wedge car or something.  TRA is in Ohio and I will be leaving the trailer
> parked regardless.  I actually look forward to running the Ole Lady every
>year
> at least once for a 3 or 4 day event.  Although TRA does not require any
> moving event validation and all that most members run the wheels off the cars
> during the Meeting.  Even TS1 is out there running the Early Morning Run,
>Rally
> and Tours.  I would definitly prefer a rally award over a Concours award at
> this point with this car, but I would take both.  If I can get her to run she
> will also require major cosmetic surgery to gather enough Show points to
> scare anyone or to even score the required 90 pts for a 1st place award, but
> am usually proficient at the Smoke and Mirrors routine.
> Cheers,
> Darrell

That's the real fun of these cars, the driving.  Do a leak down test and if
it is a burnt valve, drive it as is.  I drove my MGB in college for a year with
a burnt valve, no worries.  The TR3 is hearty enough to do well with only
three cylinders.  ;-)

Enjoy

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org