Re: [TR] Where to Buy a used Mercedes?

To: gprtech@frontiernet.net, bbrewer@tvwireless.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Where to Buy a used Mercedes?
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 16:44:41 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/2006 1:14:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gprtech@frontiernet.net writes:

Bill, if  you think the cars are expensive, you should try pricing the
parts. Unlike  your Triumph, the Mercedes is a premium car and parts for
the older models  are unbelievable. I have a friend who had a mid 1970's
convertible that  needed engine parts. Once he got the parts prices he
gave up on it and  sold it. It was more than he's paid for the car, and
that was just to get  it running.

George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L  http://www.key-men.com/triumph
1975 Triumph TR6 - Undergoing  restoration
1972 Triumph Stag - Daily  Driver

I'll not buy another Benz again!  Whiole I love the ride,  handling,  and
comfort, the unreliability of my dealer maintained-since new  99 E320 is
horrible.
If I really HAVE to get there, I take my 87 Cavalier (210,000 miles) as it
is less likely to break down.

Best, Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org