Re: [TR] Where to Buy a used Mercedes?

To: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Where to Buy a used Mercedes?
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 06:34:09 -0400
I worked for Merecedes for a year (2 years ago) in their EDAC group,
whcich was assembled specifically to get service problems under control.
It was a joke. We compiled information on what was going wrong and
assisted the field techs in correcting the problems, but Mercedes
engineering completely ignored the data we compiled.

They had problems that continue to this day with steering racks(!) and
their 7 speed auto box, as well as the entire cabin electronics suite
from nav and stereo to phone and clocks.

It was a depressing experience.

George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph
1975 Triumph TR6 - Undergoing restoration
1972 Triumph Stag - Daily Driver
Key Men: Keys for Classics - http://www.key-men.com

===     http://www.vtr.org