Re: [TR] Miatas

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Miatas
From: "Mark" <mini@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:32:36 -0500
I never had a Miata but did buy a new MINI in 2003.  What I quickly realized
is that, unlike any new car, our old cars seem to have a soul.  We admire
their quirks, and treat them better than our daily drivers.  In return, they
are more likely to let us down but it is often the beginning of a good
story.  They are like family to many of us, we carry their pictures in our
wallets next to our children's pictures.  Many of us had these cars when we
were kids, or wanted one.  Blasting down the road in a 30, 40 or 50 year old
car is a unique experience and makes us think of the Good Ol' Days!  You can
look at the old Fords and Chevy's and find guys just like us that like to
play with their cars and tell the same stories of being stranded on a dark,
rainy night in the middle of nowhere and fixed their car with a paper clip.
You will never get the same feeling of accomplishment waxing your new car
(about all I can do) as you will changing out the tranny in your TR, Healey,
MG, etc.

The Miata's may someday enjoy the same status as our cars but probably not,
you have to be born with a soul.

Mark
Nashville
http://www.nashvilletn.org/TR4/

In a message dated 6/6/06 11:52:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,