Re: [TR] Miatas

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Miatas
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:07:52 -0400
As a slightly different wrinkle, I agree with the one who said that the part
of love for these LBC's is paying the dues to keep them on the road.  My own
'59 TR3A frame off has been three years of dues paying.  Uhm, and paying by
check too....

Anywy, my son is 12 years old, getting interested in cars, and wants my TR3A
"when you die."  I'm just over 50, so to him that means soon.  He's helped
me after a fashion, and is getting interested in cars for when he can drive.

What kind of sports car that is contemporary today would be good for him to
start with, one that doesn't require a lot of maintenance now, when he
doesn't have the skills or time for it, but which later he can look back to
as a fun car he'd like to have again when he gets to be my (our) age?  As
much as I love my TR3A, I doubt it will be much good in another 40 years.

Terry Smith
New Hampshire (Man, I love a car with a gas pedal in it!)

===     http://www.vtr.org