RE: [TR] Weight and wire

To: "John Gillis" <jgillis@tcd.ie>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Weight and wire
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 23:09:05 -0700
> Two quick questions; many of the wires on my new to be installed loom
> are bare and I am guessing these are the wires that fit screw
> terminals, should I fit eyelets or tin the ends of the wire or just
> wrap the wire around the screw as it is?

If there is only a screw to "wrap the wire around", then I would definitely
suggest eyelets.  However, originally, most of the terminations had clamp screws
where you just push the end of the wire in, and tighten the screw down onto it.
In that case, tinning the ends may be a good idea ... but some of mine have
started to break right at the edge of the solder so I'm not certain it's all
that much better than leaving the wire bare.

> Second question, about to fit my engine and box as a unit back into
> the car (apron off), but cannot find in any of my publications the
> weight of these two or even just the engine, I'd like to know before
> I hire a engine crane to do the job.

400 pounds is pretty close; maybe a bit more with overdrive and all the
ancillaries.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org