RE: [TR] URGENT electrical question 73 TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] URGENT electrical question 73 TR6
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 20:58:09 -0700
> I still don't understand the inappropriate hi beam indicator light - but
> I've seen that happen before when the speedo is not grounded.

That's easy, whatever is using the speedo as ground (like the voltage stabilizer
and the dash lights) is now grounded only through the hi beam indicator, and the
high beam headlights.  Since the high beam indicator lamp is the highest
resistance, it gets most of the voltage and so lights bright enough to see.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org