Re: [TR] URGENT electrical question 73 TR6

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] URGENT electrical question 73 TR6
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 00:10:09 EDT
In a message dated 9/19/2006 10:59:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

> I  still don't understand the inappropriate hi beam indicator light - but
>  I've seen that happen before when the speedo is not grounded.

That's  easy, whatever is using the speedo as ground (like the voltage
stabilizer
and the dash lights) is now grounded only through the hi beam  indicator, and
the
high beam headlights.  Since the high beam  indicator lamp is the highest
resistance, it gets most of the voltage and  so lights bright enough to see.

well, now that you've said that and i look at that part of the diagram it  is
easy to see that

why then does the hi beam indicator go out when the high beams are actually
on (while the speedo is not grounded) ?

===     http://www.vtr.org