Re: [TR] Radiator ragged

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Radiator ragged
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:25:21 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>
To: <dorpaul@negia.net>; <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 8:51 PM

> In a message dated 9/29/2006 9:37:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> dorpaul@negia.net writes:
>
> Being desperate and
> gullible, I let the man talk me into making it  as good as it was before
> despite the 60 model original radiator needed  5-6 front rows (complete
with
> leaks) pinched off and soldered.
> ...Then I  learned that he had worked, half the night on it.
Regrettably,
> paid him.  Ill now have to bite my lip and install the thing  that
> doubtfully will do the job.  He did guarantee it for 6  months....
>
> ==AM==

> Give your renovated radiator and your "crusty old man" a fair chance
here!

> --Andy  Mace

Totally agree with Andy on this.  We actually need to support shops like
this for they have been honing their skills about as long as most of us have
been alive!  Run the engine at a high idle (about 1500RPM) until the needle
has just cleared  the 185 mark and shut it off!  You will have tested the
pressure holding.  I would be willing to bet that you will have no problems.
Just be sure to go back to that "crusty old man" and thank him profusely.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

===     http://www.vtr.org