RE: [TR] Radiator ragged

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Radiator ragged
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:13:47 -0700
> No offense to anyone, but a number of people replace old, leaky, clogged
> radiators with fancy, exotic, brand-new ones...and are amazed at the
>  difference in performance. duh.

FWIW, my radiator guy isn't all that crusty, but he has been in business a long
time (I've been a customer for some 25 years now).  He tested my TR3A radiator
for thermal efficiency and pronounced it junk, even though it held water and
flowed just fine.  Don't know for sure, but his theory was that the fins were no
longer in good thermal contact with the tubes ... on an original TR3 radiator,
they are not soldered together, and mine had corroded or deformed or something.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org