Re: [TR] Off-topic -deadly floormats?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Off-topic -deadly floormats?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:54:03 -0700
> It also makes one
> wonder what they teach in Driver's Ed in general.

Oddly enough, I asked a friend's daughter about that last year. She had just
gotten her driver's license after completing a fairly expensive driving
course.  While it's possible that it was discussed and she was not paying
attention; she claimed that they had only discussed mundane things like
skidding; and essentially nothing of what to do in less common emergency
situations like brake failure, stuck throttle or even a flat tire!

No mention of those things in "traffic school" either.

I was curious about the topic because of the many deaths attributed to tire
failure in recent years.  Apparently a large portion of the driving public
has no idea what to do with a blowout, even when they aren't panicking.

-- Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net