Re: [TR] TR6 Jacking Points

To: "*Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Jacking Points
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 19:08:52 -0600
I actually had a piece welded in at the back to protect the the spare tire
bolt, and I sometimes use that plus the big cross piece up front.

imho the best way is to do it from the sides.  I forget where the balance
point is, but if you use two jacks (one on each side) you can lift the car
onto jacks and raise them as you go.

btw - if you follow the ads for horrible freight, you can get a pair of
aluminum low profile jacks for not that much.  but then you're in danger of
your son taking one with him . . .

I'm surprised no one said "a lift."  sure wish I had one . . .