Re: [TR] TR6 Jacking Points

To: Jeff <fishplate@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Jacking Points
From: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:55:20 -0700
I jack the front first using the radiator shield and then jack one
frame rail (usually the drivers side) right behind the tire high
enough to get two more jack stands under it.  Never had a problem with
raising the rear that way since the engine weight is all on/in front
of the front jack stands.  This is the quickest I've founded and I've
done side to side jacking also but it takes a lot of jockeying back
and forth with the jack as you get real nervous see your car that
tilted to one side so much, so its back and forth a couple of times on
both sides.

I always use two spare tires on wheels and inflated (unfortunately or
fortunately I have two spares I salvaged from the last two cars my
wife totaled) and slide them under the frame rails just in case the
jack stands fail.  I figure it at least gives me 8-10 inches of space
even if the jack stands fail and a shot at surviving.  For years I did
cinder blocks until this list educated me. Nevermore.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi@comcast.net