Re: [TR] Compression TR3A

To: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@albiontechnical.com>, "Ann Carletta" <anncarletta@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Compression TR3A
From: "Pete Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 08:04:21 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I wouldn't drive it until I knew what was going on.  I had a similar problem
and found a hole in the #4 piston.  The recommendation of a dry/wet
compression test is a good one to try to find the problem but nothing will
beat taking the head off if there was really 0 compression.  You don't know
how damaged the engine is, but if you continue to drive you can pretty much
guarantee you'll do more damage and possibly much more expensive.  You sure
don't want to damage the crankshaft or block or even the head to the point
they can't be repaired.  Then you could be talking big bucks.
Pete