Re: [TR] Compression TR3A

To: "'triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Compression TR3A
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 08:47:55 -0800
> barely... and starting it must be a challenge too..

Oddly enough, some very old engines actually had compression relief valves, to
kill the compression and make them easier to start!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIjNH2ghdTA

I've driven TR3s that didn't blow much better than Ann's numbers (except for
the 0), and they actually started easy.  Didn't make
much power, but I drove a whole Indiana winter that way and it started every
time (once I added an alternator to keep the battery
charged).

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive