[TR] Stag quit at speed

To: triumph list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Stag quit at speed
From: "Lee&John Howard" <leejohn7@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 10:56:13 -0700

--001a113cfc3a4c8a03053a848a35

Was giving the Stag its first serious road test today - it failed!  Engine
quit at about 60 and everything went dead. On the shoulder ( of CA101 north
of SF at rush hour - fun) and engine would not turn and hazard lights wold
not flash.

Could this be anything else but the alternator going dead causing the
battery to totally  discharge?   I just tested by charging the battery,
then starting the car. I turned on all the fans ,lights and radio, then
waited just a few minutes and the engine shit down. Battery voltage now
under 8 volts.

Must be the alternator, right?

John Howard

--001a113cfc3a4c8a03053a848a35

test today - it failed!=C2=A0 Engine quit at about 60 and everything went d=
ead. On the shoulder ( of CA101 north of SF at rush hour - fun) and engine =
 anything else but the alternator going dead causing the battery to totally=
=C2=A0 discharge?=C2=A0=C2=A0 I just tested by charging the battery, then s=

--===============8587695702108840856==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8587695702108840856==--